Jump to content

Vehicles of the PLA: Now with refreshing new topic title!


Khand-e
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DeXM said:

I try to "filter" the information as much as my current awareness level allows.

I will give an example with a transmission: Yes, I found mention that 99a - three reversing transmission (what I wrote earlier), however, I did not find full-fledged documentary evidence (or I simply did not find the place where This could be done, due to the fact that I still can not fully read in Chinese). Therefore, you have to collect the information "on the grains".

P. S. wanted to ask what is the real limit on the length of the UPFSD used for autoloaders 99 and 99a? 740mm from after refinement, as on Soviet and Russian tanks, or will it be the opportunity to use the APFSDS even greater elongation? Also, I would like to ask if there are information about future projectiles that should replace the APFSDS Phase 3 (DTC10-125)?

PS: Which means that DTC-10-125 is probably a little bit inferior when comparing its performance with DM53 and 3BM59, while fanboys on weibo, tieba, and other Chinese social medias and forums just brainlessly repeat: "it can penetrate 1000mm of RHA" again and again....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TINDALOS said:

PS: Which means that DTC-10-125 is probably a little bit inferior when comparing its performance with DM53 and 3BM59, while fanboys on weibo, tieba, and other Chinese social medias and forums just brainlessly repeat: "it can penetrate 1000mm of RHA" again and again....

I saw photos, and even video with DTC10-125.

In my opinion, the projectile is very powerful. If these "measurements" are correct, then, at the initial speed of 1780-1800 meters per second, this shell can already exceed 3BM60 (with its initial flight speed of 1660 meters)
. So we may expect at least 300mm+/60


 

Spoiler

J1HRnbZ2Bik.jpg?size=800x1600&quality=96



 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Wiedzmin said:

in what universe you live ? 634mm core in 654mm round where Svinets is 735mm overall round...

 

DlOWIyHSGbM.jpg?size=900x322&quality=96&

 

it's even shorter that Mango-M

Yes, the length confuses me. Nevertheless, I did not find detailed measurements, so I use those data that is. There is also a measure of the APFSDS Phase 2. Looks more real, in my opinion, taking into account photo with both rounds

 

Spoiler

rLt3tBqKDFM.jpg?size=640x1192&quality=96&sign=7b2046f4269c7ea4c18f77399dd7b8a4&type=album

 

 

Spoiler

eJ-Z3-374Wc.jpg?size=405x720&quality=96&

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DeXM said:

And I would like to clarify whether there is more than one photo?
 

  Hide contents

Hj7iIyXOSdg.jpg?size=690x726&quality=96&



 

The article in this photo is a total bullshit written by some high school kiddo, Object 477 himself criticized it HARD. Ask him for detail of the whole thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DeXM said:

I saw photos, and even video with DTC10-125.

In my opinion, the projectile is very powerful. If these "measurements" are correct, then, at the initial speed of 1780-1800 meters per second, this shell can already exceed 3BM60 (with its initial flight speed of 1660 meters)
. So we may expect at least 300mm+/60


 

  Hide contents

J1HRnbZ2Bik.jpg?size=800x1600&quality=96



 


 

yes, official data is 680mm RHA pen. And also, DTC-10-125 does not have a ballistic cap (similar to DM53 and M829A3/4)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SuperComrade said:

I wonder if the Chinese intend to transition towards bustle-style autoloaders like the West or are they satisfied with the carousel autoloaders?

For now, it is bustle for 15 (with a 105 gun) and carousel for 96/99. In the near future? Probably something similar to the T-14, umanned turret plus carousel I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DeXM said:

And I would like to clarify whether there is more than one photo?
 

  Reveal hidden contents

Hj7iIyXOSdg.jpg?size=690x726&quality=96&



 

The article in the picture is a perfect example on why most of the contents on various Chinese defence related magazines are pure garbage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SuperComrade said:

I wonder if the Chinese intend to transition towards bustle-style autoloaders like the West or are they satisfied with the carousel autoloaders?

 

Of all the western tanks only Leclerc has bustle autoloader. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TINDALOS said:

The article in this photo is a total bullshit written by some high school kiddo, Object 477 himself criticized it HARD. Ask him for detail of the whole thing.

 

6 hours ago, TINDALOS said:

In the bullshitery article, the description below reads "This is the UFP of VT4". Howecer, it is in fact VT-4's turret armour module.

 

 

4 hours ago, TINDALOS said:

The article in the picture is a perfect example on why most of the contents on various Chinese defence related magazines are pure garbage.

 

Thanks for clarifying the situation

I'll try to find out more details and information
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, DeXM said:

Yes, the length confuses me. Nevertheless, I did not find detailed measurements, so I use those data that is. There is also a measure of the APFSDS Phase 2. Looks more real, in my opinion, taking into account photo with both rounds

 

  Reveal hidden contents

rLt3tBqKDFM.jpg?size=640x1192&quality=96&sign=7b2046f4269c7ea4c18f77399dd7b8a4&type=album

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

eJ-Z3-374Wc.jpg?size=405x720&quality=96&

 

All variant of 96 and 99 still retains that old autoloader, DTC-10-125 is the best thing they can get with the projectile length limitation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TINDALOS said:

All variant of 96 and 99 still retains that old autoloader, DTC-10-125 is the best thing they can get with the projectile length limitation.

Are there any perspective APFSDS development processes?

Also found video from VT, but  on the moment when the car begins to take back, the frame shifts on the military

Spoiler

Also found video from W, but, alas, on the moment when the car begins to take back, the frame shifts on the military



I found some comparison for BM Oplot and VT-4.
It says about CH1000B transmisson.

Spoiler

Mt966NLudqc.jpg?size=1364x812&quality=96


Previosly, I saw some photos

 

Spoiler

https://sun9-27.userapi.com/impg/vhGFJRoN9WU2k42cq01GSH9ULNmPl8cNxDp0Vw/I_JBBgWZFyI.jpg?size=2160x1620&quality=96&sign=2599cce4e1bab968919939a90923c3ba&type=album

 

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

https://sun9-19.userapi.com/impg/zn6DZRAD-oVoLyMnSdqWVQH6SceuxwAZOYlXFw/FRkz8ifBH7o.jpg?size=2560x1920&quality=96&sign=db05f22ec2ea78f40dd598c6fb930c08&type=album

 

 

So, it says about CH1000B too.

Is it possible that the difference between the CH1000 (99a) from the CH1000B (vT4) is that on 99A (presumably, since I still did not find documentary evidence or video with a demonstration) - three reverse speeds transmission, unlike two at VT?


And I'd like to clarify if theres full video of this screenshot?

Spoiler

WUeA9JGu7ZY.jpg?size=600x401&quality=96&sign=8aa589693cda691e0ac49759b62835a4&type=album



P.S. And I found original, 12:20, It's clearly seen

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DeXM said:

Are there any perspective APFSDS development processes?

Also found video from VT, but  on the moment when the car begins to take back, the frame shifts on the military

  Hide contents

Also found video from W, but, alas, on the moment when the car begins to take back, the frame shifts on the military



I found some comparison for BM Oplot and VT-4.
It says about CH1000B transmisson.

  Hide contents

Mt966NLudqc.jpg?size=1364x812&quality=96


Previosly, I saw some photos

 

  Hide contents

https://sun9-27.userapi.com/impg/vhGFJRoN9WU2k42cq01GSH9ULNmPl8cNxDp0Vw/I_JBBgWZFyI.jpg?size=2160x1620&quality=96&sign=2599cce4e1bab968919939a90923c3ba&type=album

 

 

 

 

 

  Hide contents

https://sun9-19.userapi.com/impg/zn6DZRAD-oVoLyMnSdqWVQH6SceuxwAZOYlXFw/FRkz8ifBH7o.jpg?size=2560x1920&quality=96&sign=db05f22ec2ea78f40dd598c6fb930c08&type=album

 

 

So, it says about CH1000B too.

Is it possible that the difference between the CH1000 (99a) from the CH1000B (vT4) is that on 99A (presumably, since I still did not find documentary evidence or video with a demonstration) - three reverse speeds transmission, unlike two at VT?


And I'd like to clarify if theres full video of this screenshot?

  Hide contents

WUeA9JGu7ZY.jpg?size=600x401&quality=96&sign=8aa589693cda691e0ac49759b62835a4&type=album



P.S. And I found original, 12:20, It's clearly seen

 


 

Sorry I don't know much about transmission. The comparison graph you posted is from Object 477, I can upload the full graph if you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DeXM said:

Are there any perspective APFSDS development processes?

Also found video from VT, but  on the moment when the car begins to take back, the frame shifts on the military

  Reveal hidden contents

Also found video from W, but, alas, on the moment when the car begins to take back, the frame shifts on the military



I found some comparison for BM Oplot and VT-4.
It says about CH1000B transmisson.

  Hide contents

Mt966NLudqc.jpg?size=1364x812&quality=96


Previosly, I saw some photos

 

  Reveal hidden contents

https://sun9-27.userapi.com/impg/vhGFJRoN9WU2k42cq01GSH9ULNmPl8cNxDp0Vw/I_JBBgWZFyI.jpg?size=2160x1620&quality=96&sign=2599cce4e1bab968919939a90923c3ba&type=album

 

 

 

 

 

  Hide contents

https://sun9-19.userapi.com/impg/zn6DZRAD-oVoLyMnSdqWVQH6SceuxwAZOYlXFw/FRkz8ifBH7o.jpg?size=2560x1920&quality=96&sign=db05f22ec2ea78f40dd598c6fb930c08&type=album

 

 

So, it says about CH1000B too.

Is it possible that the difference between the CH1000 (99a) from the CH1000B (vT4) is that on 99A (presumably, since I still did not find documentary evidence or video with a demonstration) - three reverse speeds transmission, unlike two at VT?


And I'd like to clarify if theres full video of this screenshot?

  Hide contents

WUeA9JGu7ZY.jpg?size=600x401&quality=96&sign=8aa589693cda691e0ac49759b62835a4&type=album



P.S. And I found original, 12:20, It's clearly seen

 


 

So from what I know, CH1000 and CH1000B all have the same number of reverse gears, the difference is that CH1000 requires manual gear shifting while CH1000B has an more advanced automatic gear shifting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is a photo of 99A prototype (the official name for this prototype is WZ123B) in 00s. It was based on a ZTZ-99's chassis while have a brand new fully welded turret (which eventually became the production model's turret) and new 125/L52 main gun (this experimental variant of long barrel 125 gun never went into actual production because there are some issues regarding its barrel life and quality control).

 

https://ibb.co/MRWZgGN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TINDALOS said:

Sorry I don't know much about transmission. The comparison graph you posted is from Object 477, I can upload the full graph if you want.

It seems that I will need to try to contact the object-477. Is it possible to contact him? Perhaps he has documentary evidence? I have a full version, just cut out this paragraph to do more clearly.

 

9 hours ago, TINDALOS said:

So from what I know, CH1000 and CH1000B all have the same number of reverse gears, the difference is that CH1000 requires manual gear shifting while CH1000B has an more advanced automatic gear shifting. 


Are there any documentary confirmation? Just in all sources that I found about CH1000 (99A) it was argued that the gear of the reverse - 3, but for some serious documentary evidence, I did not find it (and I'm not sure if they were in public domain)






P.S. Sorry, I forgot to place link to the video

From 12:20



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DeXM said:

It seems that I will need to try to contact the object-477. Is it possible to contact him? Perhaps he has documentary evidence? I have a full version, just cut out this paragraph to do more clearly.

 


Are there any documentary confirmation? Just in all sources that I found about CH1000 (99A) it was argued that the gear of the reverse - 3, but for some serious documentary evidence, I did not find it (and I'm not sure if they were in public domain)






P.S. Sorry, I forgot to place link to the video

From 12:20



 

Nope, it is from the memory of some former tankers, so take it with a grain of salt I guess? Object 477 is on SH, you can contact him directly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TINDALOS said:

Nope, it is from the memory of some former tankers, so take it with a grain of salt I guess? Object 477 is on SH, you can contact him directly.


 

Spoiler

Perhaps I'm looking for not where it is necessary (still not used to SH), but on the SH is Molota_477?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...