Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

I was born in Ukraine during the Soviet days. My mother is Ukrainian and my father was from Wexford, Ireland and working in Ukraine on some telecommunications project. My crisis is determining whether or not to eat potatoes or distill them..|

Back to guns. Does anyone have experience with Franchi shotguns? I own a Benelli, Remington, and Browning shotgun and was considering picking up one of these over-unders for sport shooting. 

Thoughts?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/37_1031/products_id/411548772

Franchi's tend to be very nice.  Have only shot a couple older models, but much above that price point you're going to get a nice scattergun, regardless. The rest is the quality of the engraving, finishing and how it's stocked.

I really don't hsve any honestly on any of their designs, but regarding over/unders, people looked at me like an unwashed peasant using a Benelli pump action with a range limit of 2 rounds in the gun at any time because I wasn't using an over/under or single shot whenever I used to go skeet shooting, fuck those guys.

Now show up with a parked Model 11 riot gun..  Eventually I found a bunch who did not care what you brought.

My uncle have a shotgun in his house that he used like never. He is retired police high rank officer, so he could get more fancy gun that pump action shotgun. And near his new house (outside of St.Petersburg) there is a shooting range where many FSB/MVD competitions are happening. 

Hezbollah in Zabadani.

11047948_1632525450334688_41304616181662

And here is their Daud-1 rocket:

11866263_1633272466926653_86733399308969

11813247_1633272490259984_77204661448038

Did you use the severed heads of incompetent garage assistants for clays?

The ones I've fired were not worth the ammo.

I do know that one is basically "in exile" as there is a warrant for his arrest if he tries to come back to the 'states. (unrelated to any direct action of mine, but related to why I canned him).

Webley came before it, much rather have one of those

6 rounds is a fuck alot better than 10 when you arent gonna be wasting the first 4 or so getting the damn thing on target

and sheeeiiiiiit atleast you dont have to be completely out of ammunition to reload the webley. 

Pistols have always been one of those firearms (this coming from a genuinine Yuri who grew up shooting nothing but rifles) where i never seem to be actauly sure how much ammunition i have left

So its pretty fucking scary to think one day you maybe be in a trench and having to make the decision between trusting 3 or so rounds of 9mm parabelum is enough to finish off a grown man, firing the rest of the magazine off thusly giving away your position and having to shove another one of those fragile stippler clips in (and you people thought revolver wheels looked easy to drop/get mud into) or, your 3rd option, being manually feeding the rounds into the pistol like some type of dingis

not to mention the web isnt bad to shoot at all and i guarantee you i could get a wheel into one of those faster than my massive hands can squeeze a clip into the C-96

man, even with firearms which i consider to be engineering failures (M14) i usually have nice things to say about them as far as bench queen range shooting goes or maybe if i only had to use them for the first 5 minutes of combat never having to lug them around/be the poor sod who makes them

But outside of looks, i have nothing good to say about the broomhandle

but congrats, you managed to make a nice muesum piece/movie prop

Or was at least marketed better.

The Maxim-Silverman pistol is a good example of this.

The Silverman handgun seems to me to be an example of the sort of engineering that led to the Thompson Autorifle. I can't really give it to Silverman, seeing as how they made exactly three of the guns.