Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Fun little Lee-Navy video I put together:

Long ago, I had a chance to buy an intact but well aged Lee-Navy with original sling and bayonet, AND a Model 97 trench gun for $400.00..

By the time I got back from the bank, both were gone.

Haha, those silly Europeans thinking we're all just armed to the teeth with six shooters running around and..... **looks at hip**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K_AguFmQTc

Fuck.

I admit to having never owned a "cowboy gun" .. But I do run about with a European made 15/16 shooter.

An aside~  I have a catalog from a company that tried to do the SAA and other U.S. revolvers "right". The "U.S. Patent Firearms Co." would take the best of the Italian forgings and reproduce a '73 Colt to absurd levels of detail.  I was awaiting them to begin on the early Colt/Browing autos when they sadly went under.  I have shot a number of their takes on the '73 and the other Colt revolvers, and they are simply beautiful. 

Imagine a revolver made by a gunsmith who loved their work.

And while I had numerous opportunites to own a '73 and recognize it as an iconic "American" firearm, I'm a far greater fan of the Browning designs.

Had their plans to move into the early (pre 1911) autos paid out, I'd have a much thinner wallet, and a much more cluttered armory.

For the record, no, I dont actually carry around a cowboy rig.

That said, I did the same thing to Nathaniel the other day when he was talking to me via text message about Wehraboos. Sent him a photo of my byf 42 black widow rig on my hip.

Ah, I still have a BYF42 P-38.. Had a BYF41 Luger for 15 years, and other Kraut arms..

Sold all but the P-38 for business money, or because genuinely creepy people offered me absurd money.

For the record, no, I dont actually carry around a cowboy rig.

That said, I did the same thing to Nathaniel the other day when he was talking to me via text message about Wehraboos. Sent him a photo of my byf 42 black widow rig on my hip.

Texas is such a wonderful state, where not only is a gun in a holster on your hip not weird, but people accessorize with them the same way they do shoes, shirts, and string-ties.

I know a lot of "operator" types scoff at swapping guns like that, but why not? If you're carrying a gun out in the open, you're displaying it anyway, so why not get a little fancy?

Texas is such a wonderful state, where not only is a gun in a holster on your hip not weird, but people accessorize with them the same way they do shoes, shirts, and string-ties.

I know a lot of "operator" types scoff at swapping guns like that, but why not? If you're carrying a gun out in the open, you're displaying it anyway, so why not get a little fancy?

Arizona, nobody did. As the only requirement for concealed carry was "a pocket".

Die Wehraboo und siene Luger.

By: Meplat.

A True Story.

You left out the G43,  laminated stock '98 and the semi-related G33/40..

I did have a pretty "nice" collection of non NFA Kraut stuff at one time.

I love all the tacti-tards who openly advocate only "training" on a finite number of weapons because it is INCONCEIVABLE a person should ever find himself needing to use an Ithaca pump-action shotgun, a mil surp bolt gun or how to fire a magnum revolver without blowing off your thumb.

You left out the G43, laminated stock '98 and the semi-related G33/40..

I did have a pretty "nice" collection of non NFA Kraut stuff at one time.

Your most famous for that picture that still floats around on /k/ of you and that stg-44 on tha mountain

Oh and your a G-43 owner who still has functional eyesight. So that's pretty rare

There is nothing wrong with having a pistol that fires shotgun shells as a novelty item or if you live in "snake country" and you want something that you can pepper a rattlesnake or cottonmouth with.

Otherwise, don't this idjits know that they would be better off using .45 Colt as their self defense round?

Your most famous for that picture that still floats around on /k/ of you and that stg-44 on tha mountain

Oh and your a G-43 owner who still has functional eyesight. So that's pretty rare

Safety glasses (at all times) and I sold it pretty quick when I fully comprehended that it was a turd compared to a Garand.

What the hell are you doing shooting snakes, though?

Fuck if I know. I'm from the wet side of Washington state and the only danger snakes pose here is if a garter snake craps on you.

I don't know. There's this mythical world that some gun guys live in where they have to shoot a rattlesnake while they're hunched over the campfire making coffee or something.

My wife's dad was an ER doctor in Florida around the Orlando area and has numerous tales of treating victims of water moccassin attacks.