Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

There is nothing wrong with the .410 round. It was designed for a specific purpose. Nor is there anything inherently wrong with having a novelty gun just for the LOLs. It's just that for The Judge and its offspring, they'd be better off getting K-frame revolver chambered in .357 or .41 Magnum.

Fuck if I know. I'm from the wet side of Washington state and the only danger snakes pose here is if a garter snake craps on you.

I don't know. There's this mythical world that some gun guys live in where they have to shoot a rattlesnake while they're hunched over the campfire making coffee or something.

My wife's dad was an ER doctor in Florida around the Orlando area and has numerous tales of treating victims of water moccassin attacks.

I was nearly bit by a rattlesnake when I literally stepped within a foot of one shooting out in the rurals when I was 8 while placing more targets to shoot at, the fucker was so well camoflagued with the tall grass around him I did not even see him until he jumped and let off a warning snap followed by a rattle of its tail (at least I THINK it was a warning snap) and freaked the fuck out, my uncle shot simply walked up, stepped on it with his thick ass boots, and shot it in the head with a .22 rifle, no fancy shit really.

Thatls the thing is snakes aren't just something you see most of the time because, unless they roam into town, they're very fucking good at hiding themselves. If I was a goddam foot to the left that day, I probably would've been bit fatally considering how far out we were and the fact I flat out did not even know it was there until it snapped out and hissed, trying to have some super special snake gun for something you can't even fucking see most of the time (and that my uncle killed with a bog standard .22 marlin rifle when it did show itself) is a retarded concept.

IIRC, aren't there shotshells for stuff as small as .22?

Very handy for offing birds in a hangar without the risk of damaging the plane.  (most .22 shot loads will bounce harmlessly off a dope&fabric aircraft.).

Yes there are.

And then there are folks like Meplat who no doubt roll their own frangible ammo using nail gun blanks, tire weights and whatever he has swept up off the shop floor.

"Sintering". and it's metallic sodium, magnesium and beryllium copper, dressed with a soak in mercury for that added touch of "go fuck yourself".

In the United States, wearing a mask has historically been the costume of the "bad guy". When you played cops and robbers as a kid, the "bad guy" wore the mask. Hell, in GI Joe, most of the Cobra heirarchy wear masks whereas most of the Joes have open faces.

Fast forward to today and wearing a balaclava mask is typically the costume of terrorists. 

A police officer is historically a symbol of law and order but the hometown cop down on the corner was part of the community. He and his wife probably are your next door neighbor. 

It's a stupid meme but this JPG sums up the image problem.

police-state-swat-when-did-this-become-t

I bet most judge owners spend a lot of time watching old westerns, they always have to shoot a snake in those,  oddly though, almost always with a single pistol shot. 

If you have to shoot it, it's not like they are overly small, just fucking shoot it with a real handgun.  Or you could back off, throw a few rocks at it, and watch it disappear.  I think the cowboy movies give the impression, if not killed the snake will stalk and kill you, or your horse, or kid or dog.