Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

I don't think Mattis or anyone else wants war for Iran (unless they think there is no other option), and so far as I know while Mattis is a critic of the Obama-Iran deal, he hasn't been warhawking nearly as hard as some others.

Mostly, though, can you imagine military procurement with a Devil Dog as SecDef? OH MY GOD.

I don't think Mattis or anyone else wants war for Iran (unless they think there is no other option), and so far as I know while Mattis is a critic of the Obama-Iran deal, he hasn't been warhawking nearly as hard as some others.

Mostly, though, can you imagine military procurement with a Devil Dog as SecDef? OH MY GOD.

Hopefully.

Air Force and Navy can suck it. 

What's wrong with Mattis?

He's a pretty big departure from the norm.  Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on where you're sitting, I suppose (it's a good thing).

He's been a critic of US strategic policy in the past, which is in non-Trump years a terrible way to advance one's career.  Other than that, Duffelblog fantasized about him staging a military coup once, so that's probably a good sign.

Also, he's anathema to politicians, which is another reason for the freakout.

Well that's a bonus in my book. 

it also seems odd to me, the media has gone right back to assuming they know exactly what the American people are thinking about Trump, when I can't find a person who is concerned about the conflict of interest with his business. The American people voted him into office, knowing he was who he was, and since there are no laws saying he has to do anything like sell off all his businesses, why should he have to?

The assumption people are making, that a rich man, is going to try and get more rich off running the government dishonestly, while being watched like a hawk by a very anti Trump media, is pretty stupid. 

I also don't care if his policies also help his businesses, as long as they are aimed at helping the US economy and people, since his tax policies sounds like it will in both ways.