Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

Uh huh...

15078707_1213386975387967_77160058492466

Don't you know that this whole election has been basically the progressive left projecting onto everyone else?

I mean, look at Arthur Chu. He railed on at people for years about what a bunch of sexist misogynists they were, how they didn't appreciate women enough, etc.

Recently his wife dumped him because he made her do all the housework and clean up all his shit and he took her for granted and was useless.

I'm not absolving the right here, and I was worried that if Hillary won (especially if it was close, or if she didn't win the popular vote but did win the electoral vote) some Trump supporters would go ape. Just that this whole time the progressive left has projected their worst aspects all over everyone.

Don't you know that this whole election has been basically the progressive left projecting onto everyone else?

I mean, look at Arthur Chu. He railed on at people for years about what a bunch of sexist misogynists they were, how they didn't appreciate women enough, etc.

Recently his wife dumped him because he made her do all the housework and clean up all his shit and he took her for granted and was useless.

I'm not absolving the right here, and I was worried that if Hillary won (especially if it was close, or if she didn't win the popular vote but did win the electoral vote) some Trump supporters would go ape. Just that this whole time the progressive left has projected their worst aspects all over everyone.

And then you read all those fantasy Trump supporters do acts of harassment that are straight out of comic books and then turned out to be false.

The Dilbert blog linked to this, and it ended up being an interesting read. The premise is the Democrats have cried wolf so much at this point, no one believes them anymore. 

I think there is certainly an element of that.  I've been spending a lot of time arguing with my own side the past few days.That being said, I hope like hell the right hold Trump's actions up to the same level of scrutiny on the constitution, and keep an eye out for the corruption that is my personal biggest worry with The Donald as president.

The Dilbert blog linked to this, and it ended up being an interesting read. The premise is the Democrats have cried wolf so much at this point, no one believes them anymore. 

He also provides an excellent example of why PolitiFact is trash:

7. What about the border wall? Doesn’t that mean Trump must hate Mexicans?

As multiple sources point out, both Hillary and Obama voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which put up a 700 mile fence along the US-Mexican border. Politifact says that Hillary and Obama wanted a 700 mile fence but Trump wants a 1000 mile wall, so these are totally different. But really? Support a 700 mile fence, and you’re the champion of diversity and all that is right in the world; support a 1000 mile wall and there’s no possible explanation besides white nationalism?

Something is suspicious. 

Breitbart digs up a five-year old Internet meme about Honey Badgers the same day that Sturgeon writes about a gun called the Honey Badger...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/18/enter-the-honey-badger/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/11/18/honey-badger-back-meet-new-honey-badger-2-0-q/

Coincidence?

Or Conspiracy!

1. The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!

0 replies 26,650 retweets 80,726 likes

Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!

0 replies 21,747 retweets 69,018 likes

BUT MAH SAFE SPACE!

1. The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!

0 replies 26,650 retweets 80,726 likes

Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!

0 replies 21,747 retweets 69,018 likes

BUT MAH SAFE SPACE!

Pretty unprofessional on the part of the Hamilton cast.

On the other hand, what did Pence expect would happen walking into that part of town, dressed the way he was?