Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/14/us/politics/reince-priebus-chief-of-staff-donald-trump.html

The simultaneous announcement and competing lines of authority are consistent with Mr. Trump’s management style in his businesses and in his campaign: creating rival power structures beneath him and encouraging them to battle it out.

I'm ok with this.

Looks like the news articles for my campus protest are up.  We even made the Wash Post, but the local articles were generally better.  They described the first talk I was in as the anti-Trump people telling the Trump people why they didn't like the how Make America Great Again would imply having us go back to few civil rights and all that.  That was maybe just a couple minutes of the talking that was easily over an hour, but it was probably the easiest part to write in quickly for an article.  It was more talking about why they felt threatened and how to fix that, as well as debating on why someone would support Trump.  All articles at least got the conclusion correct.

Interestingly enough, I don't think of any of the trouble makers here that have been caught were actually students.  The aforementioned lady that I almost had to pepper spray was someone's mom.  What an embarrassment that must be.

Most of the people weren't this bad, but this mindset that certainly helped fill the ranks:

“It’s about us being killed and murdered and slaughtered,” he said. “It’s about us being a modern-day slavery. It’s about us not having equal rights. It’s about us not having a voice when we’re told (we do), and they’re lying to us saying that we do. That’s what it’s about.”

https://digitalburg.com/?p=28636

FIGHT!  FIGHT MY MINIONS, FOR THE AMUSEMENT OF YOUR GOD!

I recall someone suggesting giving Milo a seat somewhere, purely so him and Pence can battle eachother.

I'm posting what is hopefully the last thing Taibbi writes on this subject:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/president-trump-how-america-got-it-so-wrong-w449783

Here is my issue: if all the media folks missed this particular bus, and the entire purpose of the news media is to make us better-informed (I know, I know), then why the hell is Matt (who fully cops to failing here) still going to produce political articles from here on out?

It would behove the news media to collectively fall on their swords, something which I expect precisely nobody to do. 

Trump wants to do space things apparently

I'm posting what is hopefully the last thing Taibbi writes on this subject:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/president-trump-how-america-got-it-so-wrong-w449783

Here is my issue: if all the media folks missed this particular bus, and the entire purpose of the news media is to make us better-informed (I know, I know), then why the hell is Matt (who fully cops to failing here) still going to produce political articles from here on out?

It would behove the news media to collectively fall on their swords, something which I expect precisely nobody to do. 

In John Oliver's show from earlier tonight, the guy actually goes on about how alternative news sources are unreliable about to the point you shouldn't read them, yet we should donate money to some mainstream sources like the NYT instead.  Big scary Trump wants to destroy the lives of the poor, humble journalists.  It felt to me he kinda brushed off how all the journalists were wrong about the election, so he tries playing the victim.

He also makes it a point that he really doesn't like the current year

dFwCmwK.png

I breathed an internal sigh of relief. I thought it was unlikely Trump would forget the whole "one small step" part of MAGA, but I was still worried. Obama was pretty good for human spaceflight all things considered, and I was worried that would be more muted with a Trump presidency in favor of affairs at home.

The pivot to Europa is interesting. Wonder why he's giving up on Mars, though.

Trump wants to do space things apparently

In John Oliver's show from earlier tonight, the guy actually goes on about how alternative news sources are unreliable about to the point you shouldn't read them, yet we should donate money to some mainstream sources like the NYT instead.  Big scary Trump wants to destroy the lives of the poor, humble journalists.  It felt to me he kinda brushed off how all the journalists were wrong about the election, so he tries playing the victim.

He also makes it a point that he really doesn't like the current year

dFwCmwK.png

Watch some of Oliver's early shows. He had a chance to be a trustworthy leftie Journocomedian, and blew it.

Watch some of Oliver's early shows. He had a chance to be a trustworthy leftie Journocomedian, and blew it.

Was actually talking to someone else on that exact same subject as I was watching it.  Though I never made a habit of it, I did watch some of his stuff a while back. That smug liberal persona he took on started to get unbearable for me though, so I've more or less stopped watching him.

The only time I audibly laughed during this episode was when he wasn't even intending to be funny.  Maybe I'm picky or strange, but I don't think he's been pulling off the comedian part of his gig too well either.

What the hell is with all the articles on Trump's sudden policy shifts?  Exempli gratia

He is not in office yet.  He cannot have flip-flopped yet.  This makes no sense!

Is the post-election news glut really so bad that news agencies are reduced to making up gossip about Trump policy reversals that literally cannot exist because he is not in office yet?

There is no news glut!  There are wars in Syria, Yemen , Iraq, Afghanistan and Ukraine.  There was just an earthquake in New Zealand.  86% of all the cash in India is about to become worthless.  

Stolen from Tom Kratman:

News Update from Canada

The flood of Trump-fearing American liberals sneaking across the border into Canada has intensified in the past week.

The Republican presidential campaign is prompting an exodus among left-leaning Americans who fear they'll soon be required to hunt, pray, pay taxes, and live according to the Constitution.

Canadian border residents say it's not uncommon to see dozens of sociology professors, liberal arts majors, global-warming activists, and "green" energy proponents crossing their fields at night.

"I went out to milk the cows the other day, and there was a Hollywood producer huddled in the barn," said southern Manitoba farmer Red Greenfield, whose acreage borders North Dakota. "He was cold, exhausted and hungry, and begged me for a latte and some free-range chicken. When I said I didn't have any, he left before I even got a chance to show him my screenplay."

In an effort to stop the illegal aliens, Greenfield erected higher fences, but the liberals scaled them. He then installed loudspeakers that blared Rush Limbaugh across the fields, but they just stuck their fingers in their ears and kept coming. Officials are particularly concerned about smugglers who meet liberals just south of the border, pack them into electric cars, and drive them across the border, where they are simply left to fend for themselves after the battery dies.

"A lot of these people are not prepared for our rugged conditions," an Alberta border patrolman said. "I found one carload without a single bottle of Perrier water, or any gemelli with shrimp and arugula. All they had was a nice little Napa Valley cabernet and some kale chips. When liberals are caught, they're sent back across the border, often wailing that they fear persecution from Trump high-hairers."

Rumors are circulating about plans to build re-education camps where liberals will be forced to drink domestic beer, study the Constitution, and find jobs that actually contribute to the economy.

In recent days, liberals have turned to ingenious ways of crossing the border. Some have been disguised as senior citizens taking a bus trip to buy cheap Canadian prescription drugs. After catching a half-dozen young vegans in blue-hair wigs and polyester pantsuits, Canadian immigration authorities began stopping buses and quizzing the supposed senior citizens about Perry Como and Rosemary Clooney to prove that they were alive in the '50s.

"If they can't identify the accordion player on The Lawrence Welk Show, we become very suspicious," an official said.

Canadian citizens have complained that the illegal immigrants are creating an organic-broccoli shortage, are buying up all the Barbara Streisand CD's, and are overloading the internet while downloading jazzercise apps to their cell phones.

"I really feel sorry for American liberals, but the Canadian economy just can't support them," an Ottawa resident said. "After all, how many art-history majors does one country need?"

What the hell is with all the articles on Trump's sudden policy shifts? Exempli gratia

He is not in office yet. He cannot have flip-flopped yet. This makes no sense!

Is the post-election news glut really so bad that news agencies are reduced to making up gossip about Trump policy reversals that literally cannot exist because he is not in office yet?

There is no news glut! There are wars in Syria, Yemen , Iraq, Afghanistan and Ukraine. There was just an earthquake in New Zealand. 86% of all the cash in India is about to become worthless.

Well, the media has been reporting on nothing but Trump for about a year now, so I guess they forgot how to do anything but check President-Elect Tangerine's Twitter.

https://reconstitutedcoprolites.com/2016/11/10/featured-content/

Money quote, (if Ken's numbers are right).

"Clinton has six million fewer voters than Obama did.

Wisconsin and Michigan cost her the election.

Wisconsin was lost on 27,000 votes.  She got 235,000 fewer votes in Wisconsin than Obama did in 2012.  Michigan was lost on 12,000 votes.  She got 400,000 fewer votes fewer than Obama did in 2012.  Late money spent by the RNC, the Chicago Cubs Rickett’s family, and Sheldon Adelson to salvage the downballot races appear to have incidentally turned the tide."

If Ken's #s are right... 37000 people in the right area could have swung this back the other way.  Holy shit.