Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

Yes, because some random blogger represents everything thought by every Democratic voter everywhere.

Meanwhile, the man who was elected president actually said "I like people who weren't captured" in regards to actual veteran and POW John McCain. Also, when someone offered him a purple heart, he didn't do what any sane rational person would do and refuse it, he said "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier.” Also, he compared sexually transmitted diseases to the Vietnam war. “I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world (STDs). It is a dangerous world out there — it’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam era. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave solider." Anyone with an ounce of decency should be appalled that such a man is now our president.

By the way:

Over the past 50 years Democrats have elected more veterans to congress than Republicans.

Veterans-and-Congress_Image1.png

Prominent Republican leaders who served in the Military:

Um, let's see....

John McCain (mocked by the current president elect)

Colin Powell (who referred to neoconservatives within the Bush administration as "fucking crazies.")

Chuck Hagel (a veteran and a fellow Republican who became the first nominee for Secretary of Defense to be filibustered, by a Republican congress)

Does Allen West count as "prominent?"

The list is quickly becoming a bit thin...

Darrell Issa?

Louie Gohmert!

Todd "legitimate Rape" Akins

Mitch McConnell

Buddy, we're talking about a political process that's best described as a room full of people with shit in their faces yelling at each other about how stupid the other guy looks with shit on his face.

If I can't laugh at that, and instead have to sit here and be "appalled" until I burst a blood vessel, then there's not any point to me caring about the subject at all.

Also, a LOT of Republicans wanted somebody to come along and give McCain the finger in some way (Trump's way was not what I'd have picked). McCain has voted against Republican interests his whole life, practically. That's why they had to spin his record as "the Maverick" in 2008.

4UcGoNXl.jpg

The following is a list of Paris newspaper headlines reporting the journey of Napoleon across France, on his return from exile on Elba, March 9 to March 22, 1815:

March 9

THE ANTHROPOPHAGUS HAS QUITTED HIS DEN

March 10

THE CORSICAN OGRE HAS LANDED AT CAPE JUAN

March 11

THE TIGER HAS ARRIVED AT CAP

March 12

THE MONSTER SLEPT AT GRENOBLE

March 13

THE TYRANT HAS PASSED THOUGH LYONS

March 14

THE USURPER IS DIRECTING HIS STEPS TOWARDS DIJON

March 18

BONAPARTE IS ONLY SIXTY LEAGUES FROM THE CAPITAL

He has been fortunate enough to escape his pursuers

March 19

BONAPARTE IS ADVANCING WITH RAPID STEPS, BUT HE WILL NEVER ENTER PARIS

March 20

NAPOLEON WILL, TOMORROW, BE UNDER OUR RAMPARTS

March 21

THE EMPEROR IS AT FONTAINEBLEAU

March 22

HIS IMPERIAL AND ROYAL MAJESTY arrived yesterday evening at the Tuileries, amid the joyful acclamation of his devoted and faithful subjects

Canadian woman with weird, shitty fingernails accidentally has sex with Trump supporter.

http://torontolife.com/city/life/tinder-tales-donald-trump-supporter/

I got a Lyft home and I thought I was done with him. The next day he messaged me on Tinder. He said, “Hope you’re still not upset over politics LOL.” I explained that it’s hard for me to remain attracted to someone whose views are so different from mine, and who believes in bigotry and xenophobia—which sucked, because the sex was amazing.

Then he said, “Not accepting other people’s beliefs is the definition of bigotry.”

So apparently it was my fault.

Canadian woman with weird, shitty fingernails accidentally has sex with Trump supporter.

http://torontolife.com/city/life/tinder-tales-donald-trump-supporter/

I got a Lyft home and I thought I was done with him. The next day he messaged me on Tinder. He said, “Hope you’re still not upset over politics LOL.” I explained that it’s hard for me to remain attracted to someone whose views are so different from mine, and who believes in bigotry and xenophobia—which sucked, because the sex was amazing.

Then he said, “Not accepting other people’s beliefs is the definition of bigotry.”

So apparently it was my fault.

https://imgur.com/a/ngYfG

I think the boobs are there because the original is not only mocking Joos but the idea of democracy since the knife-wielder stabbing the stalwart German soldier in the back is wearing a Liberty Cap and dressed in the garb of Lady Liberty.

Stab-in-the-back_postcard.jpg

french_revolution_costume_liberte.jpg

a2000_37_05flaggposter_2.jpg

So the CIA did a thing

My thoughts:

• Trump is right, why ought we believe the CIA?
  • The people in the CIA are really setting themselves to be liquidated, which is probably a good thing tbh
  • In the industry you usually don't release the info that led to your conclusion so this isn't something that really provable to the public.
  • This seems to be an attempt to generate a Trump version of birtherism, except 1000 times more seditious
  • I think the above will seem obvious and desperate to the public and they will side with Trump on this one.
  • Saudi Arabia fucking poured cash to HRC and the Clinton foundation so we are supposed to be okay with that and not Russia?
  • Electing HRC has a greatly increased chance of nuclear war so it's seem pretty clear that Russia has the moral right, if not obligation, to interfere (If they did, I'm not necessarily convinced)
  • Why would Russia intentionally destabilize the country with the world's largest nuclear stockpile?

I pretty much assumed that whether Clinton or Trump gets elected Operation Useless Dirt IV: Dirt Harder was going to happen.

Re: Election tampering, saying Russia has a "moral right" is extreme (unless you're cool with all the shit the US did in Latin America during the Cold War (plus whatever the Soviets did (triple nested parenthesis combo))), but the US has almost certainly stuck itself into Russian politics.

I should point out that I don't consider "having wikileaks release (true) information mostly about one candidate" to be election interference like people on some parts of the internet seem to be freaking out about.

Russia has a moral right to interfere in our election? Are you fucking serious?

If it reduces the chance for nuclear war then yes.

I still don't understand the thinking behind Clinton using nuclear weapons. She's a hawk, but I don't get the leap to where she ignores MAD.

She wants to put a no fly zone over Syria, and I don't believe she has the temperament to successfully deescalate the situation once Russian planes are inevitably shot down.