Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

Here's the actual video by the way:

These shitters think just because they watched the musical Hamilton, they're suddenly Constitutional scholars.

Have they ever READ Hamilton's real life?

No. I mean fucking seriously. I love Alexander Hamilton as much as the next guy, and while he contributed to the Federalist Papers, Hamilton didn't do much in the way of anything useful during the Constitutional Convention of 1787 other than get laughed out and ridiculed for proposing that the United States implement an elected monarchy. (Sturgeon suddenly becomes a Hamilton-style High Federalist)

You read that right.

He wanted to elect a king who'd serve for life.

Oh, and he opposed both the Virginia and New Jersey plans. 

Here is his plan instead. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_Convention_(United_States)#Hamilton.27s_plan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Hamilton#Constitutional_Convention_and_ratification_of_the_Constitution

(Wikipedia because I can't be arsed to do shit)

Which is indicative as to why he missed much of the Constitutional Convention. 

If Keith Olbermann wanted to make himself not look like an ignorant twat who only gets his history from Broadway musicals, he would have pointed out that it was James Madison who did most of the heavy lifting with the Constitution and establishing the Electoral College. But that would mean actually fucking giving credit to a slave holder and the limp-wristed jet set who actually spends time forking over thousands of dollars to watch Broadway plays - like Olbermann - couldn't be seen to do that.

Holy shit. Google and Wikipedia the fucking issue.

God I hate Tucker Carlson.

Also, holy shit, Kurt is like my hero now. That dude just wrecked Tucker hard.

You do not know the loathing and hatred I have for Tucker Carlson. 

Fuck.

I hate most of the cucksuckers hosting shows on FOXNews period. 

But for Tucker, there is something visceral. Something that no doubt stems from the harsh tutelage on the playgrounds at White Center Heights Elementary which makes me want to push him into a mud puddle and laugh at him with the rest of the boys in class because he can't catch a football and always wants to suck up to the playground teacher.

You do not know the loathing and hatred I have for Tucker Carlson. 

Fuck.

I hate most of the cucksuckers hosting shows on FOXNews period. 

But for Tucker, there is something visceral. Something that no doubt stems from the harsh tutelage on the playgrounds at White Center Heights Elementary which makes me want to push him into a mud puddle and laugh at him with the rest of the boys in class because he can't catch a football and always wants to suck up to the playground teacher.

Tucker's a ring dog. His whole purpose is to get in there and fuck you up. He's not a real journalist, he's an animal that FOX keeps starved and abused, and lets out when they want someone humiliated.

He's apparently better at that than I thought, too. Check out that video from about the 8 minute mark on. Before then, Kurt was doing a good job keeping me interested in what he was saying and making Tucker sound like an filibustering buffoon. At some point, Tucker calls it (before I can, even on a re-watch), and realizes that he's got Kurt where he wants him and suddenly puts on a straight face, shuts up, and lets Kurt talk. And then it sounds like Kurt has nothing at all to say after all and Tucker was right all along. And the thing is, I think Kurt did have something to say, but he blew it, and Tucker goes home with the kill.

Tucker's a ring dog. His whole purpose is to get in there and fuck you up. He's not a real journalist, he's an animal that FOX keeps starved and abused, and lets out when they want someone humiliated.

He's apparently better at that than I thought, too. Check out that video from about the 8 minute mark on. Before then, Kurt was doing a good job keeping me interested in what he was saying and making Tucker sound like an filibustering buffoon. At some point, Tucker calls it (before I can, even on a re-watch), and realizes that he's got Kurt where he wants him and suddenly puts on a straight face, shuts up, and lets Kurt talk. And then it sounds like Kurt has nothing at all to say after all and Tucker was right all along. And the thing is, I think Kurt did have something to say, but he blew it, and Tucker goes home with the kill.

My Mrs. The Captain watches Dances with the Stars. I still love her despite this.

And I still love her after I had the misfortune of watching this. And while I don't rate dancing as a skill necessary in a man in any century, having tried and given it up myself, I think the body language of Tucker Carlson in this final dance routine of his is rather illustrative.

So that faithless Republican elector from Texas who isn't voting Trump because something, something Star Wars and Saturday Night Live and who posted an Op-Ed in the New York Times?

Turns out there isn't any proof that he was a 9/11 First Responder after all. Heck. He isn't even a fireman.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/texas-news/no-record-of-faithless-elector-chris-suprun-as-a-911-first-responder/371421191

So that faithless Republican elector from Texas who isn't voting Trump because something, something Star Wars and Saturday Night Live and who posted an Op-Ed in the New York Times?

Turns out there isn't any proof that he was a 9/11 First Responder after all. Heck. He isn't even a fireman.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/texas-news/no-record-of-faithless-elector-chris-suprun-as-a-911-first-responder/371421191

It's not like it matters in the end anyway. Even if Trump somehow gets enough faithless electors to get the vote sent to Congress, he'll probably still be president unless the Republicans feel like committing political suicide since there is no chance those faithless electors will vote Hillary.

I don't know your crazy election system works. If the electors don't have to follow the vote, then can they elect one of the crazy third party candidates as president? That would be a hoot.

The last time a third party candidate got any electoral votes was 1968.

2016 was pretty crazy, but it wasn't 1968.