Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

I'm sorry. Having 20 fake alarms, tones and buzzing sounds go off while what sounds like a class full of 2nd graders are pounding on cast iron pans with a ball-peen hammer is horseshit.

The sound effects are obnoxious shit and now I have to waste time jiggering with the settings to turn off crap that is irrelevant while hoping I didn't disable the one or two effects that are useful.

Well, lights, some anyway, are much harder to drive, I flipped my Luche, but took no damage and landed on my tracks, and killed a fool. You seem to have a lot more leeway before you take damage from the terrain than before. 

I agree the buzzing is kinda anoying for the sixth sense thing, but I actually dig on the sounds, I have a nice sound card and speakers and it really sounds better, gun noises wise, than the older version, the engine noises are interested, and they added a speedo/RPM combo so you can see gear shifts and stuff. 

I'm not sure how much value drifting will have, but it's fun!

Lights are tremendously more maneuverable now, even the A-20 which is basically a Formula 1 Car for turning.

I'm on the fence about the A-20, BTW. It looks great in HD, and it seems like active scouting is back in a big way and that the A-20 can fill that niche... But I still wish it had more firepower.

Lights are tremendously more maneuverable now, even the A-20 which is basically a Formula 1 Car for turning.

I'm on the fence about the A-20, BTW. It looks great in HD, and it seems like active scouting is back in a big way and that the A-20 can fill that niche... But I still wish it had more firepower.

The 37 auto is a great little gun. I've had an A-20 for years now. 

I doubt they host update servers and game servers together. If you guys are trying to play on east it's prolly telia.

Except I tried Wartchunder and got the same shit.

It's typical abysmal U.S. ISP's sucking cock and shitting lag.

Really tempted to go back to single player/microLAN games, just to avoid having to deal with the sheer bullshit of trunklag faggotry.

And now it's so bad WOWS will not update.

GG Comcast. Way to suck.  Guess it's good for them I no longer have access to a live chunk of tracked armor, lest I trackfodder their offices and their CEO's ornate gardens.

I have to call and yell at my ISP at least once a week for them shitting the bed. I ask why I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting, and like half the time they'll credit the account for a couple days. I'm not sure I'm getting a bill anymore, but I think I'd rather have consistent internet service.

I have to call and yell at my ISP at least once a week for them shitting the bed. I ask why I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting, and like half the time they'll credit the account for a couple days. I'm not sure I'm getting a bill anymore, but I think I'd rather have consistent internet service.

My peak was way back in the dial up era, when I wrangled a few years worth of free service by proving the outages I was suffering were caused by a provider's shitastic equipment.

Sadly, they went out of business before I could collect, so I salved myself by putting a large dose of tung oil in the CEO's Benz when it came in for service.

Fuck that shitweasel, he was a wretched prick anyhow.

As it is now, I have some form of Comcast which is basically useless for anything beyond email or browsing, regardless of service tier. Not that Comcast in any form is useable, but this version seems to make streaming and/or gaming a chore.

Except I tried Wartchunder and got the same shit.

It's typical abysmal U.S. ISP's sucking cock and shitting lag.

Really tempted to go back to single player/microLAN games, just to avoid having to deal with the sheer bullshit of trunklag faggotry.

And now it's so bad WOWS will not update.

GG Comcast. Way to suck.  Guess it's good for them I no longer have access to a live chunk of tracked armor, lest I trackfodder their offices and their CEO's ornate gardens.

its a huge reason why i stick to RTS and flight simulators, or games in general that dont fuck up

the occasional shooter too 

My peak was way back in the dial up era, when I wrangled a few years worth of free service by proving the outages I was suffering were caused by a provider's shitastic equipment.

Sadly, they went out of business before I could collect, so I salved myself by putting a large dose of tung oil in the CEO's Benz when it came in for service.

Fuck that shitweasel, he was a wretched prick anyhow.

As it is now, I have some form of Comcast which is basically useless for anything beyond email or browsing, regardless of service tier. Not that Comcast in any form is useable, but this version seems to make streaming and/or gaming a chore.

I should get a job somewhere near where my ISP's CEO lives and just dedicate my life to running into him once, and then discretely fucking him over

Haha he lives in NJ, I can do nothing to make his life more miserable