Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

What's worse is that the Rudy no longer gets the dog bark as its sixth sense indicator. They're trying to sell the Rudy right as the only reason to buy the Rudy got broken by the last patch.

Hahaha that's amazingly dumb. I'm sure there are a million and one Polish mods to turn your normal T-34-85 into a Rudy complete with Szarik.

You going to give up and join me the one true church of stalling out/stick flying?

So I can destroy my rudder pedals?

I'll save that stuff for a proper sim.  Wartchunder is not worth it.

Hahaha that's amazingly dumb. I'm sure there are a million and one Polish mods to turn your normal T-34-85 into a Rudy complete with Szarik.

Probably would be if WG hadn't changed the audio engine, and if WG's decisions to update their systems haven't been slowly disintegrating the modding community since 9.0

Probably would be if WG hadn't changed the audio engine, and if WG's decisions to update their systems haven't been slowly disintegrating the modding community since 9.0

I don't think it's a bad thing that WG has been implementing things that have been in mods for literally years. I would love to play on a vanilla client with a built-in carousel, and they finally put some useful info onto the minimap. It's not a bad thing that they're actually improving some areas of their game. Besides, WG will never implement warpack, so the modding community will always have something to keep working on, hue

SHUT UP YOU DONT KNOW MY PAINS

hue

I think he's talking about IL-2 Sturmovik. I don't think you can actually (properly) stall in WT.

Not really, there is a very poor sim of prop-thrust against empennage and that's about it.. As to IL2, I did not consider that. Although it's a game I'm very interested in.

Most of my stuff I got for the old "Janes" series of sims. Even found an old flightyoke for when I needed full P-38 simulation.

I don't think it's a bad thing that WG has been implementing things that have been in mods for literally years. I would love to play on a vanilla client with a built-in carousel, and they finally put some useful info onto the minimap. It's not a bad thing that they're actually improving some areas of their game. Besides, WG will never implement warpack, so the modding community will always have something to keep working on, hue

hue

Yeah this, for the game to stay viable, they have to keep improving it. Leaving a shitty sound system in place because there are sound mods people like, when most of the playerbase probably uses no mods, is silly.  Sure, some of those modders may leave and the mod may die, but hell, in my opinion, the two 'improved, historic' sound mods (gnomefathers, and WWIIHWA), are not very good in comparison to what Wargaming did. I can actually hear the shells coming from different places now, and the explosions and gun sounds so good, I worry the neighbors are going to complain. 

Yeah this, for the game to stay viable, they have to keep improving it. Leaving a shitty sound system in place because there are sound mods people like, when most of the playerbase probably uses no mods, is silly.  Sure, some of those modders may leave and the mod may die, but hell, in my opinion, the two 'improved, historic' sound mods (gnomefathers, and WWIIHWA), are not very good in comparison to what Wargaming did. I can actually hear the shells coming from different places now, and the explosions and gun sounds so good, I worry the neighbors are going to complain. 

"Modding" in a community is the fertilizer to a game's fertility.

It often reeks like shit, but sometimes yields beautiful results.

"Modding" in a community is the fertilizer to a game's fertility.

It often reeks like shit, but sometimes yields beautiful results.

Oh sure, and there are some very good mod makers in the WOT community, some of them like gnomefather are wehraboo twats, but, we all know they are everywhere. Wargaming is doing what all the smart game companies do, and incorporating the best mods into the game.... Slowly, but they are doing it. 

It's generally a bad sigh if all the players who make mods disappear, but that doesn't seem to be a WOT problem yet. 

So I have to say, I've been playing lights since the patch, almost exclusively, and I think it's really brought back light tanks. The things in most cases are so maneuverable, you can dodge shots, and really circle tanks again.  It's also nice you can drive over things you couldn't before. There are all kinds of new passive spotting places you can get into with a little speed and planning, the caveat, driving a light now takes skill. You try and turn uphill hill while on a sidehill going fast, your going to roll, at least in a top heavy tank like the LTTB or Luche. You can even roll a fat American medium if you work at it. 

Now, I don't know if it's realistic for a tank, but its really interesting how the tanks suspension loading and the tanks center of gravity effect how the tank moves. Coming off some terrain, you can have one track bite, and really spin the tank that direction, in some cases, going fast, and in a luche, you roll. If you land back on your tracks your cool, and don't take much damage, as long as the speed is low, land on your roof and it's like in deep water, 30 second count down. Flopped on side has no timer, and you just need a team mate to nudge you back over. This all reminds me of taking the Jeep off road, I'm fairly impressed with this change, even though I roll tanks.  I never rolled a jeep, but I was always very careful about going fast in adverse terrain, but that's no damn fun in WOT. 

So I have to say, I've been playing lights since the patch, almost exclusively, and I think it's really brought back light tanks. The things in most cases are so maneuverable, you can dodge shots, and really circle tanks again.  It's also nice you can drive over things you couldn't before. There are all kinds of new passive spotting places you can get into with a little speed and planning, the caveat, driving a light now takes skill. You try and turn uphill hill while on a sidehill going fast, your going to roll, at least in a top heavy tank like the LTTB or Luche. You can even roll a fat American medium if you work at it. 

Now, I don't know if it's realistic for a tank, but its really interesting how the tanks suspension loading and the tanks center of gravity effect how the tank moves. Coming off some terrain, you can have one track bite, and really spin the tank that direction, in some cases, going fast, and in a luche, you roll. If you land back on your tracks your cool, and don't take much damage, as long as the speed is low, land on your roof and it's like in deep water, 30 second count down. Flopped on side has no timer, and you just need a team mate to nudge you back over. This all reminds me of taking the Jeep off road, I'm fairly impressed with this change, even though I roll tanks.  I never rolled a jeep, but I was always very careful about going fast in adverse terrain, but that's no damn fun in WOT. 

I agree. This patch took the Chaffee from "basically an M7 with shitty matchmaker" to a completely new tank. The big advantage of lights - their maneuverability and speed, really got hammered when physics was introduced, and it was only downhill from there. Basically, an entire class of tanks were made "fun only", unable to be real game winners, and usually being effectively the same thing as the mediums in their nominal tier, but with shit matchmaking.

Now, they can really move and are truly agile, and it finally sets them apart again. Active scouting is once again a thing, but as you say, you have to be very careful. So far, though, I haven't rolled a tank, so I am happy.

9.14 didn't just allow tanks to roll over, it also changed the passability of a lot of obstacles that had previously effectively nuked the mobility of lights. I'm really pleased with this patch, and am playing lights almost exclusively since it came out.

I agree. This patch took the Chaffee from "basically an M7 with shitty matchmaker" to a completely new tank. The big advantage of lights - their maneuverability and speed, really got hammered when physics was introduced, and it was only downhill from there. Basically, an entire class of tanks were made "fun only", unable to be real game winners, and usually being effectively the same thing as the mediums in their nominal tier, but with shit matchmaking.

Now, they can really move and are truly agile, and it finally sets them apart again. Active scouting is once again a thing, but as you say, you have to be very careful. So far, though, I haven't rolled a tank, so I am happy.

9.14 didn't just allow tanks to roll over, it also changed the passability of a lot of obstacles that had previously effectively nuked the mobility of lights. I'm really pleased with this patch, and am playing lights almost exclusively since it came out.

Oh yeah, the Chaffee is by far the best T5 light, I love hunting down AMX ELCs down and killing them with actual good mobile gun handling.  I don't have the Mt-25, but I don't remember its top speed being 72 kph either. I may rebuy it, to give it try, I hated it compared to the T-50-2, that was so much damn fun. 

I was the first or second person to die in this battle, because our team was a bunch of camping fucks that let an IS get to fucking F6 and shoot me in the butt.

pW5mmaT.jpg

CzEykMO.jpg

dfZaxm9.jpg

For more lulz, watch the replay where I cuss out our Comet and Vaderpanzer for being camping idiots, and the Panzer decides to get into it with me. I had nothing better to do, so I went full chimp on him. Must've worked, since he put out almost 1500 damage by the end.