Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Looking at the T25's stats, it'll be quite quick, but the RoF will be only slightly higher than the Pershing's RoF.

Also, apparently I am not the only SH member with an ISU-130. Who'd have thought. (Hi Applesauce)

ISU-130 is awful at everything except trolling pubbies. Too bad WG will never buff it because there's not enough for them to bother.

T25 looks like it'll be similar to the STA-2, difference being the T25 will actually be pretty decent. I'd need to look at their stats again.

I do find it pretty funny that the T25 has more pen than the super Pershing or the long 90mm on the normal Pershing.

ISU-130 is awful at everything except trolling pubbies. Too bad WG will never buff it because there's not enough for them to bother.

Imo it does okay at tier 8 and 9. I'll probably ask the Russians whether or not they can give it preferential matchmaking. There aren't enough to break the matchmaking so it won't be a problem if they gave it pref mm.

It's called IL-2 Sturmovik, but there are a few hundred flyable planes and an absolute crapton of mods. And I do mean an absolute crapton of mods. It took years and years to crack the game to enable mods, but when they did it the community just exploded with mods. There's modpacks for WW1 stuff, early jets, late jets, maps, campaigns, basically everything.

Took your advice and downloaded 1946 on steam.

Am now enjoying the ability to stall/spin my aircraft every time I turn (I'm getting better) and being called a useless shitter for wanting a crosshair in 3rd-person view.

10/10, would pay R99 to be abused like this again :)

Took your advice and downloaded 1946 on steam.

Am now enjoying the ability to stall/spin my aircraft every time I turn (I'm getting better) and being called a useless shitter for wanting a crosshair in 3rd-person view.

10/10, would pay R99 to be abused like this again :)

Press.... F3 I think it was. Or was it F4? I forgot.

Anyway, that view has a crosshair but I don't know if it's actually a third person view. It's been years since I've played IL-2.

Press.... F3 I think it was. Or was it F4? I forgot.

Anyway, that view has a crosshair but I don't know if it's actually a third person view. It's been years since I've played IL-2.

Third person view works fine, but doesn't have a crosshair. I'll check out the options :)

Who let you out of the t-110 interment camp?

I thought there was a autistic need not apply rule here

Tied plz, if there was such an anti-autist rule, I don't think you'd be allowed here either.

I've been instructed by third parties to play UVZ warfare with you or something as well.  Maybe it was war thunder.

Imo it does okay at tier 8 and 9. I'll probably ask the Russians whether or not they can give it preferential matchmaking. There aren't enough to break the matchmaking so it won't be a problem if they gave it pref mm.

My issue with it is it doesn't have the camo or final accuracy to snipe, the mobility or armor to brawl, or the alpha to be an ambush wagon.  It somehow manages to be slower than the ISU-152 as well, both in acceleration and speed cap.

It's more a tier 7 in its current state IMO, so I'd agree pref is needed.  I'd say it's actually pretty darn comparable to the Sturer Emil in a lot of ways.

My issue with it is it doesn't have the camo or final accuracy to snipe, the mobility or armor to brawl, or the alpha to be an ambush wagon.  It somehow manages to be slower than the ISU-152 as well, both in acceleration and speed cap.

It's more a tier 7 in its current state IMO, so I'd agree pref is needed.  I'd say it's actually pretty darn comparable to the Sturer Emil in a lot of ways.

I got mine fully stocked on camo, and often I'm wondering "How did I not get spotted here?", so while it might not have the camo of other TDs, I'd say it still has okay-ish camo.

But yeah, it's horribly slow.

I can eat cheeseburgers at work, office job 4 lyfe

Well, probably better than my  "Spicy picante beef tacos" I am usually having.

They are neither "spicy" nor "Picante" , and the "beef" may be chihuahua.

I have now become a man.

PattonKR_zpshaaluiqf.png

In the PattonKR at any rate.

PattonKR2_zpsw9jillp8.png

Went to the "Doughnut" on Karelia as I always do. My side was outnumbered almost two to one and we had both the enemy arty dropping shells on us as well. Side angled my front armor on the angle on our side of the Doughnut and used the KR's superior DPM to disperse shots against multiple opponents, pinning them all down. When the enemy overwhelmed my two guys positioned forward at the doughnut, it came down to the peak-and-shoot. Fortunately, the enemy didn't rush us and instead played it safely, allowing me and my teammates behind me to whittle them away to nothing. I got some good bounces which - fortunately for me - caused a couple of the badguys to switch to HE which, did damage but LOL. 

While I'm happy with my damage dealt, it's the 1,800 some-odd spotting damage that I'm really happy with since it came at the key focal point of the battle, allowing us to recover from a three tank deficit at mid-game to go up 4 tanks to 2 at the end. Got killed by an enemy Mutz driver so our AMX 13 75 was able to cap out the game. The T28 was at full hit points and was racing off to try to cap our base. Well, not exactly racing, but you get the point. 

Happy to finally get a Mastery Badge in this thing and I'm THIS close to buying the PattonKR.