Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Sorry, I'm just a bit sour about how little reskin and remodel mods are still out there, alot of people said "Fuck it" when HD models added another level of work and with tanks being converted to HD more and more skins are being made obsolete

I really don't know how cwjian keeps on top of all of it with how many historical remodels he does

Sorry, I'm just a bit sour about how little reskin and remodel mods are still out there, alot of people said "Fuck it" when HD models added another level of work and with tanks being converted to HD more and more skins are being made obsolete

I really don't know how cwjian keeps on top of all of it with how many historical remodels he does

You would think the modders would be happy to have the more detailed models to work with for their re-skins, even if it's a bit more work to do them, but maybe in this single case in a game ever, less detailed models are better, for some reason. 

I just do model swaps, I don't really have the time or skill to 3d model from scratch. The Russians are also doing some good work even with the new HD format, and there are some new tools coming out like Blender Tank Viewer

Hmmm so now in a good light, you can climb a hill that used to be totally unclimbable,  like say the south east corner in the little town on mines, you can't climb much but you can kinda do a uturn on the hill and dodge around guys, or get into a corner you might not have been able to before. I'm finding all kinds of little spots on the map you can now get into.  The faster mediums can probably get to many of the spots too. 

What earns one a mastery class in a vehicle always kinds of amuses me with the varying levels of success one must need.

scorpion%20mastery%201_zpsxgmu52wk.png

Scorpion%202_zpspd9rov1e.png

Fairly generic game on Prokha but I was low tier in a Tier 9 match. Went to the hill but it was only me and some medium. Half the team played peekaboo in the field. And I just pecked away at anything that showed with enough accuracy to earn that "Tank Sniper" as well. There were at last five enemy heavies facing off against us on the hill but they were scared by my tank and the medium and rather than pushing up and over, preferred to cower on the slope and get destroyed by our team in the field.

Scorpion%203_zps5m9hnscb.png

The real LOLs is the 1,319 spotting damage in a TD.