Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

1 hour ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Speaking of Erdogan, I'm quite surprised he pulled out of Al Bab. If he implies he will intervene, which I doubt will happen due to possible tensions with Russia, he may risk becoming a national embarrassment. Not good for him, since becoming a sultan is his prime goal. 

WTF? When Erdogan "pulled out" of Al-Bab? Do you understand that he already directly intevenied in borth Iraq and Syria? National embarrassment for fighting against declared enemies in the interest of his supporters?

7 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

National embarrassment for fighting against declared enemies in the interest of his supporters?

I think it would be an embarrassment for Turkey to get its ass kicked by Russia/Assad as the Turkish military barley seems to be able to handle the lightly armed militants in Operation Euphrates Shield. Imagining them going on the offensive against the SAA/Russia/IRGC/Hezbollah seems like a losing effort. Though it would be something to consolidate power around. 

40 minutes ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

I think it would be an embarrassment for Turkey to get its ass kicked by Russia/Assad as the Turkish military barley seems to be able to handle the lightly armed militants in Operation Euphrates Shield. Imagining them going on the offensive against the SAA/Russia/IRGC/Hezbollah seems like a losing effort. Though it would be something to consolidate power around. 

I think that he will not get ass kicked, look at how our position shifted just after 1 jet got shot down - Turkey got a greenlight to get into Syria and create declared zone between Kurds in Afrin and rest of "Rojava". And amount of forces that Turkey can use in Syria is far greater than what we can.

14 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

I think that he will not get ass kicked, look at how our position shifted just after 1 jet got shot down - Turkey got a greenlight to get into Syria and create declared zone between Kurds in Afrin and rest of "Rojava". And amount of forces that Turkey can use in Syria is far greater than what we can.

I don't they have an officer corp of any quality and thus aren't that capable, especially after the recent purges of the Turkish military. However, I see what you are saying. 

2 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

WTF? When Erdogan "pulled out" of Al-Bab? Do you understand that he already directly intevenied in borth Iraq and Syria? National embarrassment for fighting against declared enemies in the interest of his supporters?

Sorry, my fault. I misinterpreted the cessation of the operation as pulling out (though I remember reading they're replacing their troops with local groups). But they have, at least for now, stopped their activities there (without their main objective completed). 

The national embarrassment would be when Erdogan will try to confront Russia publicly, and get its political ass whooped. Turkey knows that not only is Russia too much to handle when it has its other problems, but it knows it may potentially get it kicked out of NATO and further away from any alliance it might have had. 

Now, if he'll try a direct military confrontation with Russian troops in Syria, or even the SAA, there might be some serious Russian retaliation.

And how could a newly made sultan explain to his people that the country is in shambles after he promised them a glorious war?

Syrian thread in otvaga is on fire.

1 hour ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

I don't they have an officer corp of any quality and thus aren't that capable, especially after the recent purges of the Turkish military. However, I see what you are saying. 

1) It is not like SAA is in a good shape, having 5+ frontlines to fight in the same time.

2) FSA will be Turkish army cannon meat in fight with SAA, same as it was in Al-Bab operation

3) US actions (if countinues and i expect after Deir EzZor and today event they will continue) will erode SAA capabilities

4) Our presence in Syria is much much smaller than military logic speeks. According to Murakhovskiy (highly respected mil analysist here) an additional 10-15k well equipped assault force would be able to win Syria war in less than a year (judging by numbers of active troops and scales of operations in Syrian main frontlines). Amount of our active forces is limited to SOF and 1-2k top. Which means that we are barely capable to change balance of power to Syria advantage. And by 1+ year of our operation in Syria you can see than actual situation changed not very much, with only recent Tiger forces advances in Eastern Aleppo province starting to look like a real effort to smash ISIS. On Hayat Takhrir/Al-qaeda frontlines there were no serious changes after Lattakia push in 2015-early 2016.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/us-releases-flight-path-plane-syria-chemical-attack/story?id=46651125

The Pentagon has released a graphic detailing the flight path of a Syrian aircraft used to attack civilians with chemical weapons earlier this week.

Tuesday's attack at the hands of the Syrian regime in the city of Khan Shaykhun left at least 86 civilians dead, and prompted the U.S. military to strike Shayrat air base on Thursday night with 59 tomahawk missiles.

ht-released-flight-track-jc-170406.jpg

Edited by Ramlaen
fixed link