Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

3 minutes ago, Karamazov said:

Remind me, what are these tube?

Not sure, people here claimed that it is for misfired shells.

Although carrying one of those thigns outside of armor isn't optimal IMO, snipers with tracer rounds could make those things a fire hazard.

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

Not sure, people here claimed that it is for misfired shells.

Yes

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

Although carrying one of those thigns outside of armor isn't optimal IMO, snipers with tracer rounds could make those things a fire hazard.

They must know the tube is full. 

Interesting indeed the side picture shows just how much volume is available for side armor (not counting externally mounted ERA), perhaps they are aiming for total protection (except for the back) against ATGMs with tandem warheads?

EBhvzBnWkAABiZu.jpg

On the other hand, in this model the crew sits just below the turret, being able to access it to solve malfunctions.

Seeing the side skirts and the wheels i imagine that the vehicle is not well suited for off-road maneuvers.

Also this might be the worst thought place to store drones:
EBhvzBgXoAAVgV0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 11:37 AM, LoooSeR said:

63318028.jpg

Not experimental, this is a standard operational improvement. After the Namer gone active at big quantities, all the older HAPCs were retasked and improved for their new roles. Take a look at recent Nagmachon photos, they have some new parts installed.

4 hours ago, DogDodger said:

Going a bit old school in Virginia over the weekend:

Took me a while to figure it out, but the vehicle that first appears at 0:57 would seem to be UDI's test rig for the Advanced Assault Amphibian Vehicle, a project that would become the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (which GDLS won the contract to further develop.)  I am surprised this thing is still around and in private hands.