Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Terrible.  So many errors in this.  Allow me to list them.

However anyone looking at the Tiger can see it's basically a huge box, and that lack of angling made it's armor basically useless. - I'm going to say that 100mm of armor is still far from "useless", even if it's not angled.  Certainly it's less effective than agled armor, but certainly not useless.

Meanwhile Hitler's side ho Krupp builds a kickass 75mm gun for the panzer 4 that makes it viable again, - Actually, I think the KwK -40 was essentially a Rheinmetall design, but yes, Krupp did adapt it to the Panzer IV.

and over 100 tigers (nearly 10% of all tiger 1's ever built) were lost or abandoned - Actually, 100 tigers would represent about 7.4% of total Tiger I production.

Only 3 times did the Western Allies actually fight Tiger 1's. - If I was British I would laugh my ass off at this one.  

the Panzer 6B king tiger (or Tiger 2). Germany had mastered welding flat armor plates by now and they had much stronger engines like the Maybach HL240. - The tiger 1 and tiger 2 had the same engine, the HL230.  There was no such thing as a HL240.

Terrible.  So many errors in this.  Allow me to list them.

However anyone looking at the Tiger can see it's basically a huge box, and that lack of angling made it's armor basically useless. - I'm going to say that 100mm of armor is still far from "useless", even if it's not angled.  Certainly it's less effective than agled armor, but certainly not useless.

Meanwhile Hitler's side ho Krupp builds a kickass 75mm gun for the panzer 4 that makes it viable again, - Actually, I think the KwK -40 was essentially a Rheinmetall design, but yes, Krupp did adapt it to the Panzer IV.

and over 100 tigers (nearly 10% of all tiger 1's ever built) were lost or abandoned - Actually, 100 tigers would represent about 7.4% of total Tiger I production.

Only 3 times did the Western Allies actually fight Tiger 1's. - If I was British I would laugh my ass off at this one.  

the Panzer 6B king tiger (or Tiger 2). Germany had mastered welding flat armor plates by now and they had much stronger engines like the Maybach HL240. - The tiger 1 and tiger 2 had the same engine, the HL230.  There was no such thing as a HL240.

That's not nearly everything. Every other sentence in that post is wrong in one way or another.

Like the Shermans being "full cast with welding". U wot m8?

Pretty sure that's an M48 retrofitted with a diesel engine.  As far as I know all Turkish M60s were M60A1 variants with the pointy turret.

If we could see the front of the hull or the return rollers we could say for sure.

IMHO, the turret definitely looks M48 instead of M60.

The M60's turret is quite similar to the M48's, but the M48 seems to have a more pronounced housing for the ventilator in the rear (which upon further inspection may have been the camo playing tricks on my eyes). But, the TC's cupola on that vehicle looks to be the Chrysler unit fitted to the original M48s and found on the M48A5T1/2, yes?

What the actual fuck.

Instead of buying an actual T-series you buy a perfectly good Chieftain and fucking ruin it. Morons.

what constitutes a "perfectly good Chieftain"?

the M60 your going to be using once it breaks down in the Iranian desert or gets slapped by a T-62?

Is that some sort of Vickers MBT vismod?  

I see it commonly referred to as the Centurion MMRV.  It was basically a hodge-podge of parts made to resemble a T-80 and was used for radar and sensor testing.  I believe The_Chieftain had something to say about it somewhere on the WoT forums.

Supposedly it's a Type 62.  They did quite the job with vismodding it.

Edit:

Was looking into the matter a bit more, and I'm not sure about the Type 62 classification.  Ya-12 seems like a safer bet, but I'm still not entirely convinced.  Whoever built them made a couple at least, along with some Shermans that appear to be using the same base vehicle.

405f35f1t8d4c165196c2690.jpg

213800rrcpgeycrmgthpy4.jpg

213758olz7lsrt6erksqso.jpg