Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Britons are in trouble

Mighty_Zuk

That video amuses me because the LeClerc behaves so oddly - and I don't mean in the fact it lost something it should have had down pat easily.

The thing is braking before it even hits the finish line, and the braking is inconsistent - the driver hits the brakes twice before actually committing to the stop full bore.

Who did they have driving that thing?

12 hours ago, Beer said:

Allegedly the first round which was won by the almighty Royal British Rolling Bunker was launched with engines off. 

Would make sense - the Hyperbar does take quite some time to get up to full temp & pressure, would also explain the rather jerky motion in the first race for the leclerc if the thing was still warming up.

9 hours ago, David Moyes said:

I'm guessing the awkward placement is because it's being built around a new turret shape. E.g:

I doubt that. There is no reason to assume the Trophy integration will be influenced by the possiblity to mount a 130 mm gun that the UK has no official plans to adopt. IMO it is more likely that the British Army wants the option to mount add-on armor on the turret sides without having large weakspots thanks to Trophy.

6nzFfWW.jpg

LXGkRux.jpg

hGMUV8C.jpg

JJ5WnvU.jpg

n1RnCFH.jpg

k9NmTwg.jpg

tayHcbw.jpg

Sources:

---------------------------------------------------------------

New Challenger 2 Camo Test

2VW5mKC.jpg

JDOdJD9.jpg

Source:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UK 120mm projectile & propellant procurement:

”21 October 2021

The CHARM 3 operational round (L27) was last procured in September 2001 and its associated propelling charge (L17) in November 2010. The CHARM 3 practice round (L29) was last procured in April 2009 and its associated propelling charge (L18) in February 2010.”

https://www.ukdefencenews.co.uk/2021/10/ammunition-procurement/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true