Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Interesting.  I wonder how it headspaces.

Hard to tell, he clearly fucked with that particular round as you can tell the sabot and penetrator have been moved up when you compare their position to the CGI image and the actual cartridge, plus the sealing cap is missing.

I guess it would headspace on the rim maybe seeing as how they're literally identical?

Also, reference image for what I was referring to earlier on the 40mm L/70 (or the Long Bofors)

934155.jpg

35x228mm compared to a 40x364mmR Long Bofors shell. this will probably show the reason the CV9040 is limited to 234 rounds carried total including it's 24 loaded rounds (Even the L/60 "Short" Bofors of WW2 vintage is a tad longer overall when counting overall length). Yet the supershot actually has superior AP performance by a rather large margin and comparable HE performance, which would also easily be made up for by the fact any vehicle using it would be able to carry more ammunition anyway due to the large gain in space and weight you'd get. (The Supershot is just slightly heavier then 35x228mm, and has the same overall length and width.)

Lets all take a moment to appreciate the fact that this exists.  I had no idea that any WW2 Japanese tanks existed in running condition.

There appears to be a working Ha-Go along side that Chi-Ha:

Here's another Ha-Go:

I know there's a replica or two out there as well.

Finally, while I'm on about Ha-Gos, have a look at this one:

1920px-Type_95_Tank_Lampang_Thailand_016