Jump to content
Sturgeon's House
Khand-e

Vehicles of the PLA: Now with refreshing new topic title!

Recommended Posts

Quote

Type 92 with CS/AA5 combat module with new 40 mm automatic cannon

 

4ocIJkC.jpg

 

Quote

   In the announcement of the May issue of the magazine "Modern Armament", popular in the PRC, a photograph of a Type 92 armored personnel carrier, manufactured by Norinco Corporation with a CS/AA5 combat module with a new 40-mm automatic gun using telescopic ammunition, was published.

 

   NORINCO’s latest 40mm cannon has an adjustable rate of fire in the range of 100 to 200 rounds / min. NORINCO introduced two types of 40-mm telescopic shots: high-explosive fragmentation CS / BTE3 (initial velocity 1000 m / s) and armor-piercing subcaliber CS / BAA3 (initial velocity 1450 m / s). For the latter, armor piercing of 130 mm of vertical homogeneous steel armor from a distance of 1000 m is declared.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wiedzmin said:

Type 69-IIG Manuals

This would be immensely useful for Mastermilo (the dutch guy who restores a Type-69 tank)... 

(if someone is interested in this particular type of tank, his channel is massively useful. He took it apart almost to the last bolt. Hull restoration is nearly complete. https://www.youtube.com/user/mastermilo82/videos)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, heretic88 said:

This would be immensely useful for Mastermilo (the dutch guy who restores a Type-69 tank)... 

(if someone is interested in this particular type of tank, his channel is massively useful. He took it apart almost to the last bolt. Hull restoration is nearly complete. https://www.youtube.com/user/mastermilo82/videos)

i think to many difference with his 69

 

 

for example here is usual T-54/55 shock absorber(0:49), the one in manual and on Type 96 is friction type(i do not understand the whole point of the replacement) absorber which chinese get from germans as far as i understand , engine could have some differences etc

Hx7DxIVHofo.jpg

4B_3LYEABpQ.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TWMSR said:

Copying is the highest form of flattery! :)

just curious how far could D10  go/be redesigned to modern standards 

 

and it's not copying, documentation on D10 was transferred with T-54 i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An article on the "Chinese Armata" has surfaced. Most important design characteristics: unmanned turret and 2 man crew. Judging by the drawings, it may suggest less emphasis on armor compared to T-14, even on the front of the crew compartment. The shape of the crew compartment is very reminiscing of the front hull of the Abrams, but in this case the UFP actually has a composite layer. As for the turret it looks very much like a clusterf*ck in my opinion, lots of sights and very uncommon placement for other turret equipment.  The main gun seems like a 125 or  even a 105mm, if its supposed to to be a traditional one or something border sci-fi like electrothermal-chemical is still unknown.

I still don't know what to think about this thing, i'm still digesting it. But judging from the overall characteristics it suggest a tank lighter than T-14, perhaps in the 40 ton class, which makes sense so that its less restricted in terms of operation depending on the terrain, unlike heavier tanks such as Type 99A.

https://club.6parkbbs.com/military/index.php?app=forum&act=threadview&tid=15471684

 

2218ace459d54ef5b072e5c8dceb7a9d

 

3b64e13d90f848b79acfa92d5c3b39f6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 4:30 AM, alanch90 said:

An article on the "Chinese Armata" has surfaced. Most important design characteristics: unmanned turret and 2 man crew. Judging by the drawings, it may suggest less emphasis on armor compared to T-14, even on the front of the crew compartment. The shape of the crew compartment is very reminiscing of the front hull of the Abrams, but in this case the UFP actually has a composite layer. As for the turret it looks very much like a clusterf*ck in my opinion, lots of sights and very uncommon placement for other turret equipment.  The main gun seems like a 125 or  even a 105mm, if its supposed to to be a traditional one or something border sci-fi like electrothermal-chemical is still unknown.

I still don't know what to think about this thing, i'm still digesting it. But judging from the overall characteristics it suggest a tank lighter than T-14, perhaps in the 40 ton class, which makes sense so that its less restricted in terms of operation depending on the terrain, unlike heavier tanks such as Type 99A.

https://club.6parkbbs.com/military/index.php?app=forum&act=threadview&tid=15471684

 

2218ace459d54ef5b072e5c8dceb7a9d

 

3b64e13d90f848b79acfa92d5c3b39f6

 

 

When you are limited by power pack like the Russians best stick to sub 50 ton tank that can use the existing drivetrains , and time will come when 2 man crew is just as effective as  3 man crew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mr.T said:

 

 

When you are limited by power pack like the Russians best stick to sub 50 ton tank that can use the existing drivetrains , and time will come when 2 man crew is just as effective as  3 man crew

the chinese have been building 1500hp engines for many years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By phasers on stun
      Fellow fish - imagine you had some money to develop the "next generation" 20-40mm" modular architecture turret.  Of course, you could talk about sensor fusion, using AI to detect threats, better / more integrated sensors... targetting linked to drones etc... But is this the way forwards. ?
       
      What is the SOTA 30mm turret on the market ? - more importantly, what are it's attributes ?? [ no need to name the manufacturer unless you want to] 
      Built in APS ?
      intelligent Armour ?
      Reconfigurability ?
      Self Repair ?
       
      We all have ideas... what would you see as a truly game changing set of characteristics ?  
       
      I think the T2000 looks interesting and there are some nice turrets from lower profile companies (as seen at AUSA).  
       
      Alternatively, we might be at the end of the roadmap - "gun + armour + sight is good enough"
       
       
       
       
       
    • By Akula_941
      Anti-air bobcat design to take away driver's hearing in maximum efficiency

      SH11  155mm SPG


    • By Belesarius
      http://www.popsci.com/china-builds-worlds-fastest-tank-gun-then-tries-hide-it
       
      New high velocity 125mm tank gun reportedly starting testing for the Chinese military.  Not surprised that the data disappeared off the university website at all.
       
      Edit: 125mm/60? oO
    • By LostCosmonaut
      https://fas.org/blogs/security/2015/05/china-mirv/
      Taking bets on how long it takes India to announce similar capability.
×
×
  • Create New...