Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Ukrainian Civil War Thread: All Quiet on the Sturgeon Front

T___A

Germany authorized the Netherlands to send 400 RPG (old Pzf 3?) to Ukraine.

This is a major shift from their usual policy of absolute refusal to send lethal weapons to country in an ongoing conflict.

A lot of weapons manufactured in Europe have at least one part manufactured in Germany (or came from old German stock), and so far they have blocked all weapons transfer when they could. One example was the 42 122mm D-30 howitzer that Estonia wanted to give to Ukraine but couldn't because they used to belong to East German army.

This shift in policy could unblock a lot of weapons transfer to Ukraine.

2 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Yeah, sad people like you view the world like it id some sort of book for teenagers about fighting evil by forces of white knights with good guy powers. You can leave this dark place of unwashed peasants.

No, it's sad how you guys clearly are swallowing up Putin's propoganda and lies of "denazification" (esp. when he's the one actively hiring Nazis to fight for him. Read: WAGNER GROUP), and are justifying the invasion of a democratic state and the murder of innocents, and for what? So you can create a new puppet state? Thank god the western world is looking at Russia with disgust.

Even more sad, if you as a Russian suddenly become wiser and realize how wrong this war is, and then decide you want to demonstrate against it, you'll be arrested (and likely physically mistreated). That's the price you pay for living in a dictatorship where there is no freedom of press or speech.   

Only thing I can think of which beats this is when a few (thankfully very few) people living in the west, enjoying all the freedom that comes with that, out of sheer ignorance start supporting this war. That is truly mindblowing.

10 minutes ago, Toxn said:

See, I think we'll miss the concept once it's gone and we go back to the 18th or 19th centuries.

But goddamn was its biggest exponent also the biggest hypocrite.

It always has been, because all Empires are built on war and hate. I don't see any difference between war under the mask of peace during the last 30 years and a actual war right now. It is just that the actual war would draw more attention from the largely ignorant general public back to global affairs. Similar things (people got blown into pieces etc) literally happens every day on this Earth while no one talks about it. But when all these shit happened in two European country, westerns suddenly start to yell :"this is unacceptable". LMAO

15 minutes ago, Alzoc said:

Germany authorized the Netherlands to send 400 RPG (old Pzf 3?) to Ukraine.

This is a major shift from their usual policy of absolute refusal to send lethal weapons to country in an ongoing conflict.

A lot of weapons manufactured on Europe have at least one part manufactured in Germany (or came from old German stock), and so far they have blocked all weapons transfer where they could. One example was the 42 122mm D-30 howitzer that Estonia wanted to give to Ukraine but couldn't because they used to belong to East German army.

This shift in policy could unblock a lot of weapons transfer to Ukraine.

About time.

The little mad man in the east needs to go, and any supplies that will help make the war in Ukraine untennable for his forces and the general Russian public is the first step in that direction. 

12 minutes ago, Pardus said:

No, it's sad how you guys clearly are swallowing up Putin's propoganda and lies of "denazification" (esp. when he's the one actively hiring Nazis to fight for him. Read: WAGNER GROUP), and are justifying the invasion of a democratic state and the murder of innocents, and for what? So you can create a new puppet state? Thank god the western world is looking at Russia with disgust.

Even more sad, if you as a Russian suddenly become wiser and realize how wrong this war is, and then decide you want to demonstrate against it, you'll be arrested (and likely physically mistreated). That's the price you pay for living in a dictatorship where there is no freedom of press or speech.   

Freedom of speech always have a price, remebering 5 years of jail and ten thousand dollar fine for burning draft card? I neither believe in Putin or western propaganda, because I consider this war as the inevitable colletive result of NATO imperialist expansion since the end of coldwar and the rising Russian nationalism under the manipulation of Oligarchs since the collapse of USSR.

6 minutes ago, TINDALOS said:

Freedom of speech always have a price, remebering 5 years of jail and ten thousand dollar fine for burning draft card? I neither believe in Putin or western propaganda, because I consider this war as the inevitable colletive result of NATO imperialist expansion since the end of coldwar and the rising Russian nationalism under the manipulation of Oligarchs since the collapse of USSR.

Also I enjoy trolling liberals who wholeheartedly believe the fairytale of a "democratic rule based world order", and thus is the best chance ever. Guess what other factor besides land price caused the democratic Japan's lost decade? Key words: "Plaza Accord" :P

Just now, TINDALOS said:

NATO imperialist expansion?? Sure, if you consider trying to spread democracy, freedom of press & speech, and protect people from criminal states imperialistic.

I think you're forgetting NATO is a defense pact, created precisely in response to piranha states like the one Putin is ruling with an iron fist. 

Hence little Putin's reckless actions are only incentivizing MORE states to join NATO, such as Sweden & Finland = The exact thing the little maniac claims he wants to avoid, and has already threatened nuclear war over.

9 minutes ago, Pardus said:

NATO imperialist expansion?? Sure, if you consider trying to spread democracy, freedom of press & speech, and protect people from criminal states imperialistic.

I think you're forgetting NATO is a defense pact, created precisely in response to piranha states like the one Putin is ruling with an iron fist. 

Hence little Putin's reckless actions are only incentivizing MORE states to join NATO, such as Sweden & Finland = The exact thing the little maniac claims he wants to avoid, and has already threatened nuclear war over.

LMAO

17 minutes ago, TINDALOS said:

Also I enjoy trolling liberals who wholeheartedly believe the fairytale of a "democratic rule based world order", and thus is the best chance ever. Guess what other factor besides land price caused the democratic Japan's lost decade? Key words: "Plaza Accord" :P

No'one is claiming the western world and its governments are all perfect. But the people who are trying convince others that they're no better than the criminal states & dictatorships in the east, middle east and asia, they're simply not in touch with reality - not to mention utterly oblivious to the privileges they enjoy if they themselves live in the west. 

There's simply no excuse for invading a democratic country where people are living a free life, which was very much not the case in Iraq, Syria or Afghanistan. That the US pulled out of Afghanistan like they did, I was also disgusted by, now the women there are once again living an imprisoned life with no rights.

9 minutes ago, Pardus said:

dEFeNSiVe pAcT

Does not matter, since after the collapse of soviet block they were already within the strong sphere of influence of NATO for 30 years or so. A nice parable would be: cover your head with a hood does not change your skin color.

4 minutes ago, Pardus said:

No'one is claiming the western world and its governments are all perfect. But the people who are trying convince others that they're no better than the criminal states & dictatorships in the east, middle east and asia, they're simply not in touch with reality - not to mention utterly oblivious to the privileges they enjoy if they themselves live in the west. 

There's simply no excuse for invading a democratic country where people are living a free life, which was very much not the case in Iraq, Syria or Afghanistan. That the US pulled out of Afghanistan like they did, I was also disgusted by, now the women there are once again living an imprisoned life with no rights.

Sorry, empire got what they want. This unfortunately applies to all major powers on Earth. France got what it want in Africa, US got what it want in middle east, China got what it want in Southeast Asia and Africa, Russia got what it want in Ukraine. Oh, and if think deliever weapons can actually help you are absolutely wrong. I wonder when will thoes weapon show up in the Central Armed Force museum? Gotta plan another trip to Russland next year :P

16 minutes ago, Pardus said:

I hope you does not believe in there are any thing very liberal about the world economic order established post Yalta. You can't support some thing that never existed right? It's all about profit and gains at the end of the day.... And that's the exact reason why a SBCT or a NATO rapid response task force is not battaling with Russians on the outskirt of Kiev after three days of Russian warmachine steam rolling Ukraine's pathetic military.

1 hour ago, Toxn said:

Agreed. I'm getting real "Baghdad Bob but now we're all Iraqis" vibes from all of this.

Since no one is getting hurt in the "civilized world" besides mental trauma, If the general public find peace through these reports than I would respect their choice. As for the blood shed thousand kilometers away from them, who cares lol? Everthing will be forgotten after one or two months when life is back into track (or it never leaves the track?), especially for those who does not even know where Ukraine is on the world map. As for those who actively "support" the Ukraine war effort through patreon or merchandise (like that Warthunder youtuber freak), they earn big bucks even if Ukraine military got completely smashed by Russians. So I guess it is truly a win win situation :)

14 minutes ago, Pardus said:

Suuuure....

swuyre26vyj81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

q32wq683szj81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

img_76-7_1.jpg?itok=ptuxM6li

So very anti communist...

The first two photos are bad photoshop (look at the fuzzy edge around the flag), the third the celebration of an historical event.

Besides, even if the first two photos weren't doctored, it would more likely be some individual thing than some shadow conspiracy to bring back the USSR.

6 minutes ago, Pardus said:

Suuuure....

Lmao, that did not stop Putin trash talk about Lenin and accuse Lenin for the creation of a Ukraine nation in his speech a couple days ago, also it did not stop Putin's long history of parising white guards while condemn communism as "evil abd degenerate". You really think a couple of red cloth with hammer and sickle on it mean THAT much?

12 minutes ago, Pardus said:

Suuuure....

If you are so well knowledged on "Russian Propaganda", you should definitely know that Putin only brings out USSR's historical legacy when it fits in his narrative (such as bring the nationalism aspect of great patriotic war up while supress the anti-fascist and communist ideological aspect), other times he bash USSR HARD. Even Viktor Orban gave out a couple good words to communist (not really) Hungary by saying communist Hungary is a welfare state, did this make he a communist too?

31 minutes ago, Pardus said:

Suuuure....

Tell me? why would this "old mad man" want to bring back communism? In order to hang all the oligarchs including himself in a new october revolution? As far as I concern, you know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about.