Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Ukrainian Civil War Thread: All Quiet on the Sturgeon Front

T___A

51 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

I'm not even going to post photos of Ukrainian guys larping as Nazis, if you're too lazy to find that shit yourself, I don't really care to talk to you anyway.

Well the confusing part starts when guys like Dimitri Utkin and Yan Petrovsky are tasked with the denazification of UA or when military Leaders of the DPR are walking around with Nazi patches on their uniform.
Sticking with "protecting ethnic Russians" like mentioned some posts before might've been a solid idea. 

6 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

I'm not even going to post photos of Ukrainian guys larping as Nazis, if you're too lazy to find that shit yourself, I don't really care to talk to you anyway.

To quote myself:

14 hours ago, Miroslav said:

[...]

The most damning evidence is that there are soldiers fighting in ukrainian uniforms that celebrate nazi iconography and even some pure german operation barbarossa nazi shit. But these guys are politically irrelevant idiots! They are fighting for a slavic nation with a jewish president. They are hooligans in uniform![...]

Your impoliteness is uncalled for and your accusation of laziness would be better aimed at yourself.

In a discussion on an ongoing war, in which parties to the discussion are citizens of the warring nations, it really would fit you as a moderator to have an ounce more respect and grace than Eric Cartman.

9 hours ago, Jägerlein said:

Well the confusing part starts when guys like Dimitri Utkin and Yan Petrovsky are tasked with the denazification of UA or when military Leaders of the DPR are walking around with Nazi patches on their uniform.
Sticking with "protecting ethnic Russians" like mentioned some posts before might've been a solid idea. 

Our leadership decided to distance from ethic angle, thats why you hear those strange "de-whatever" constructs. Russian world or other nationalist-related ideas where speicificallly avoided because going hard on them may lead into direction of Ukrainification of Russia.

14 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

Russian world or other nationalist-related ideas where speicificallly avoided because going hard on them may lead into direction of Ukrainification of Russia

By that do you mean that it could give ideas to nationalists from various districts federal subjects (if this is the proper terminology?) which may lead up to a fragmentation of the Russian Federation ?

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

Our leadership decided to distance from ethic angle, thats why you hear those strange "de-whatever" constructs. Russian world or other nationalist-related ideas where speicificallly avoided because going hard on them may lead into direction of Ukrainification of Russia.

Might be a wise decission with all the Republics and the dwindling number of autonomous Okrugs ethnic minorities might not be so pleased by russo-ethnic agendas.
But yet! I don't understand why exactly they don't care about makeing a posse out of their narrative by sending nazis to de-nazi a neighbouring country. Is this a intended discrepancy and meant to ridicule every international opposition or do they just din't give a fuck because th own population won't see it anyways as long as they stick to the state media? 

3 hours ago, Alzoc said:

By that do you mean that it could give ideas to nationalists from various districts federal subjects (if this is the proper terminology?) which may lead up to a fragmentation of the Russian Federation ?

Yes. Specifically parts with Slavic-heavy population. Russia will fall apart into bunch of small homogenous-ish countries, if this route will be unopposed.

2 hours ago, Jägerlein said:

Might be a wise decission with all the Republics and the dwindling number of autonomous Okrugs ethnic minorities might not be so pleased by russo-ethnic agendas.
But yet! I don't understand why exactly they don't care about makeing a posse out of their narrative by sending nazis to de-nazi a neighbouring country. Is this a intended discrepancy and meant to ridicule every international opposition or do they just din't give a fuck because th own population won't see it anyways as long as they stick to the state media? 

Nationaliats and outright Nazis are barely presented in mix of troops of LPR/DPR, as most of their troops are conscripted and mobilised, and they are not presented in Russian Army forces as a unit.

They are actually visible, you can go to VK groups and find pictures of DShRG Rusich, for example, Slavic nationalists in DPR. They are not as visible as Ukrainian ones as they are less numerous and less radical.

Looser. This half-assed attempt at a war is incredibly damaging to Russia not only in terms of blood  but  image also.  

What's the thought currently on the street would you say ?  From what  I hear  People are pissed  how this war  is fought.  Even the  liberals  at least the youth  is on the  'fuck the Ukrainian's " bandwagon.

How the fuck did Putin managed to fuck up  this badly?  

1 hour ago, RobertV said:

I think something has gone wrong in the leadership structure. That meeting where Putin had his security officials lined up like school children and he humiliated Naryshkin looked like a parody. When I first saw it I thought it was some kind of western fake propaganda, but it was actually real. Even the video editing that was shown in western media is the same as was published on official Russian channels. In that kind of a context, good decisions are not made.

2 hours ago, RobertV said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-officials-say-china-asked-russia-delay-ukraine-war-until-after-beijing-2022-03-02/

He invaded 1-2 months late, maybe at China's request. So, instead of having Germany by the balls on gas heating in the middle of winter, he invaded right as things were warming up and Russian gas was not particularly relevant to the quality of life in Europe. Reserves and other imports covered march and now it's warm. So, sanctions were made easy for the West.

The other thing that happens when you send tanks into Eastern Ukraine in the spring is the mud. How many Tunguskas and T-72s did we see stuck in thick mud in the first week? So, tanks forced onto roads. Armored spearheads pushing deep into enemy lines on roads, getting ambushed, with barely any infantry to cover the flank, if any at all.

Oh, and invading the longest front in all of Europe with a skeleton force because without a declaration of war Russia couldn't properly mobilize.

Those are the big picture things Putin himself is responsible for. The more small scale stuff you could pin on generals and army procurement (no encrypted comms in the 21st century lmao).

3 hours ago, RobertV said:

Looser. This half-assed attempt at a war is incredibly damaging to Russia not only in terms of blood  but  image also.  

I think anything other than fastest blitzkrieg in history with lowest casualties would have been considered as "not so good" result. But current operation is indeed incompetent.

What's the thought currently on the street would you say ?  From what  I hear  People are pissed  how this war  is fought.  Even the  liberals  at least the youth  is on the  'fuck the Ukrainian's " bandwagon.

Different camps of "everything is shit/gone" or "this is within a plan/not too bad". But plenty of people don't like implication behind negotiations with a background of no further success on economical war and in actual war frontlines.

Overestimated capibilties of army and how Russia viewed in Ukraine will be my guess.

14 hours ago, Miroslav said:

To quote myself:

Your impoliteness is uncalled for and your accusation of laziness would be better aimed at yourself.

In a discussion on an ongoing war, in which parties to the discussion are citizens of the warring nations, it really would fit you as a moderator to have an ounce more respect and grace than Eric Cartman.

Oh? What is your plan here? Will you report me to the moderators?

Since lots of fuel storage and refineries got hit all over the country, is the ukrainian armed forces able to move troops to reinforce other regions? That push towards Kiev might have actually worked (it could have been executed better ofc), what do you guys think?

7 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

You have seven posts, go away.

This might have impressed me 15 years ago on deviantart, but it's rather luke warm doodoo now, nolo.

Edit:

Actually no, back then it was technical knowledge and a willingness to educate me that was impressive. This authoritarian girth you're flaunting is a more recent development.